UNHCR and IOM perform the Support Unit functions through their current structures in Central Asia.
The Terms of Reference of the Support Unit:
- Functions as the institutional memory of the Almaty Process, maintains the archives and manages the Almaty Process web portal, both in Russian and English.
- Supports the Chairmanship in all organizational matters, including conferences/meetings/seminars, pertaining to its role;
- Assists the Chair in the collection, translation and distribution of materials prior to conferences/meetings/seminars and prepares compilations of related materials for publication as a follow-up to the meetings;
- Supports the Chair in ensuring effective information-sharing between participating States in order to promote synergies on the full-range of migration and refugee protection issues of concern to the Almaty Process countries;
- As required by the Chair, analyse information and conduct research on asylum and migration issues;
- Supports the Chair in monitoring media, developing regular joint information sheets and joint briefings and gathering information pertinent to the Almaty Process;
- Assist the Chair in drafting project proposals to mobilize resources for implementation of activities contained in the action plan;
- Supports the Chair in fostering links with related national and international programmes and Regional Consultative Processes on Migration.
UNHCR Regional Representation for Central Asia
Address: 67, Tole Bi Street, 05000 Almaty, Republic of Kazakhstan
Tel: +7 727 258 4598
Fax: +7 727 258 3982
IOM Coordination Office for Central Asia, Astana, KZ
Address: 6 Saryarka Av., 010000 Astana, Republic of Kazakhstan
Tel: +7 7 172 790345/46/47/48
Fax: +7 7172 790349
Website: www.iom.kz, www.iom.int